Parts of a Tooth
The visible part of the tooth.
The area between the crown and the root.
The part of the tooth inside the Alveolar bone that keeps the tooth in place.
1. EnamelA hard protective tissue that covers the crown of the tooth.
2. DentineThe tissue that supports the enamel and absorbs the pressure of eating.
3. PulpSoft connective tissue containing nerves and blood vessels. The soft center of the tooth surrounded by dentine.
4. CementumCovers the dentine at the root and it is attached to the bone of the jaw with little elastic fibers.
5. GumsThe tough pink-colored skin that covers the bone of the jaw and supports the tooth along with the alveolar bone.
6. Periodontal Ligament
The tissue between the cementum and the alveolar bone. It consists of tough little elastic fibers that keep the tooth attached to the jaw.
7. Alveolar Bone
The bone of the jaw that keeps the tooth in its place, it feeds and protects it.
The complex of soft and hard tissues that surround the tooth, keep it in place, feed and protect it.